Friday, May 11, 2012

My First Meal is Not Korean

Arriving in Incheon at 930PM and escaping immigration an hour later (no, I wasn't interrogated, I was just the last in line), I went looking for my first meal in Korea. You'd think I'd have something Korean. I'd think so too, but at the airport, an hour before midnight, I only had three choices: KFC, McDonald's, and Sanuki Bore. (These three are open 24 hours.) Eliminate anything that can be found in Cebu and an easy decision: Sanuki Bore


Sanuki Bore is located at the first floor of Incheon International Airport, near Arrival Hall C, and serves Japanese food. I settled for the Sanuki Udon (6,000 won ~ Php 240). The serving size to my eye is just enough, but halfway thru, man, did I feel full! Even in a Japanese restaurant, there's a hint of Korea: the side dishes. Before the udon came the radish kimchi (깍두 kkakdugi) and pickled radish (단무지 danmuji).

I will write more about my stomach's adventure in the next few days (or weeks or months) depending on my brain's ability to work.


How Sanuki Bore bore a hole thru Mustachio's pocket:
Sanuki Udon 6000 won (Php 240)
What about drinks? I just had water. And that's for free.


South Korea Series:
Random Things About Kimchiland
From One Point to Another
Homes Away From Home
My First Meal is Not Korean (you're here!)
You Will Never Go Hungry Here 
To the North We Go...Almost
Strolling, Collecting Sights

No comments:

Post a Comment