Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Most Important Question

...is "How much?" Unless you're a millionaire then that won't matter. But for us budget travelers that is the number one question.

So can you afford a trip to Seoul? If you're not too picky and just make an effort to save some money, you definitely can! Here's a breakdown of my expenses. Airfare, travel agency visa processing service fee (if you're a long way from Manila where the consulate is) and shopping not included since I got my ticket at a low promo price and shopping really depends on you. Also, I spent an average of 10,500 won per day for food, which is unrealistic (breakfast was mostly convenience store food and friends treated me to 4 meals). Best to budget at least 20,000 won per day for food, safest would be 30,000 per day.

Gone in 7 days/7 nights

The end. Gotta go work my butt off to repair this big hole in my pocket.

나중에 봬요, 친구!
Najunge bwaeyo, chingu!
See you later, friend!



South Korea Series:
What's in a (Business) Name? Korea
This Little Mustache Went to (Namdaemun) Market
At the Outskirts: Petite France and Namisum
Hunting for Cherry Blossoms at Yeouido Park
Can't Pronounce It So I Stuffed It in My Mouth
The Most Important Question (the end!) 

4 comments:

  1. WOW... Love the effort made in documenting and writing down your whole trip and even the budget. You're the best travel blogger i know! Kudos! :D

    Babe for Food - your BFF in Cebu dining! :)
    babeforfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justinne! Just sharing coz when I research/read other blogs, those are the information I ultimately need: money matters, directions, etc. Hopefully, makatabang ni to whoever comes across this blog. Lisod na masaag nya kulang ang kwarta :-) Thanks again for popping in!

      Delete
  2. Nice, barato ra lagi tan.awn moadto og korea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello piglet. Thanks for dropping by. Yup! But note that we stayed in hostels and saved on food. Around 22-25k gyud to be safe, not including airfare and expenses for obtaining a visa.

      Delete