Sunday, January 19, 2014

Island Grill's Batchoy

Batchoy Mega (Php 69) and Leche Flan (Php 29)
Back when I was a wee kid, my parents used to bring home batchoy from Carlo's (are they still any good?) after work and every member of the family would sit at the round table cleaning up their bowls and licking the last drops of broth. That's how my parents trained us to like batchoy. So, yeah, I like batchoy.

I eat batchoy wherever there's batchoy. Iloilo, the homeland of La Paz batchoy. In a posh looking restaurant in Bacolod. Ted's at APM Mall in Cebu. And now, thanks to my very reliable source for food news, I got word that Island Grill has batchoy. Might be old news to you. But it's news to me.

Island Grill offers grilled fare, thus the name, and other Filipino favorites (sorry, can't elaborate, I was like a horse with blinders, all I saw was batchoy). They have Batchoy Special and Batchoy Mega, with a 9–peso difference—for the size and nothing else (according to the server). You can request to add an egg for...I don't know how much.

The night I decided to eat at Island Grill in Ayala Center, every seat was taken. Food here must be good then.

My mother, who is from Iloilo, thinks Island Grill's batchoy is better than Ted's (in APM). I trust her opinion. She is from the homeland of batchoy after all. 

I bet you like batchoy, too. If you don't, then thank you for still reading this.


Island Grill
4th level, Ayala Center Cebu,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
(032) 505 6842

Other branches:
♦ Foodcourt of SM City Cebu
♦ Mango Square, Mango Avenue, Cebu City

No comments:

Post a Comment