Monday, April 22, 2013

The Cherry Tree

About a year ago, I mentioned of a cherry blossom tree in AS Fortuna Street in Cebu City. Well, here it is! Not in full bloom, but I just thought I'd take a photo before I forget. If I forget, I will have to wait another year for the same show as this only happens once a year. Though not exactly the same as those in Japan or Korea, but it's still beautiful to see especially when it gets all white and pink. I am no botanist, but I would guess this tree here is a Palawan Cherry tree, locally known as Balayong.

As promised, here's a photo of the tree. :-)


PS. According to this Yahoo! news published in March 2013, Palawan is one of the places to see Cherry Blossoms.

8 comments:

  1. Cool stuff, bro. :) just checking on your latest posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roaming Couple! Thank you very much for dropping by the blog :-) I am trying to write as fast as I can and clean up my pile of backlogs hehehe :D

      Delete
  2. This is not the same as the cherry blossom trees here in Japan but I'm guessing this looks as beautiful when in full bloom.

    I finally posted a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi zero623! Thank you for dropping a comment :-) I wish we had a row of these trees here. I hope you can update your blog, I want to read about Japan—the country I have been dreaming of visiting!

      Delete
  3. Just wanted you know -- the owners of Kaona Grill have saved the tree and have moved it to their new location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news! Thanks Peggy. Kudos Kaona Grill!

      Delete
  4. I'm curious! When does this tree fully bloom?? I want to see one before I (hopefully) visit Japan this spring! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eatness First! It blooms around March or April.

      Delete