Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cafe Caw

Spotted something new today. A little coffee shop a few paces from Thai Asian Cuisine de Cebu, just across Bright Academy. Always up for something new, I dragged my eating buddy to this little coffee shop. Nearing the cafe I read its name: Cafe Caw.



Today they had three kinds of cupcakes (Php 60 each): red velvet, green tea, and I don't know what the third one was...maybe vanilla. The icing on their cupcakes looked like a mess, but I shouldn't judge a cupcake by its icing. They also had some unlabeled cookies and bars, one of the bars was probably oat fudge. I'm guessing here.


Aside from those goodies they have waffles, cheeseburger, chicken wings, Hungarian sausage, pasta, and some other stuff I forgot to take note of (Php 140~165). Oh, and let's not forget, coffee (Php 60~115 a cup).

 On the second page of their menu

Since we came here for something cold and sweet, we zoomed in on the brownie a la mode and a cookie. I wanted to try the green tea cupcake but couldn't bring myself to pay 60 pesos for one (it was just regular sized; maybe if it was bigger than usual I would have given it a shot).

 Brownie a la mode and a forgot-the-name cookie

The brownie a la mode wasn't worth its price of Php 135. Yes, the bowl is big, but its circumference made up for its thickness, or should I say thinness (the brownie was about half a centimeter thick/thin). The only good thing here is, if you're a choco monster, you get a double dose of chocolate. Instead of the usual vanilla ice cream, they use rocky road. What about the cookie, you ask. They heated it so the marshmallow melted but it was nothing great.

Whatever the food lacked, the place made up for. Cafe Caw is cute and cozy. Did I just use the word "cute"? I couldn't think of any other word really.


One thing that bugged me was that they "didn't have" service water though I spotted a water dispenser behind the display case. Yes, I had to buy a bottle of water for Php 25 to drown out all the sugar.

 

Looks like message boards are becoming popular in cafes. They have one too. And I couldn't help but leave a note.

Gotta tell them what you think



Cafe Caw
Gov. M. Cuenco Ave. (in front of Bright Academy)
Banilad, Cebu City
(032) 316 4595

Sunday - Thursday 11AM - 11PM
Friday - Saturday 11AM - 12MN


How Cafe Caw clawed thru Mustachio's pocket:
Brownie ala mode Php 135
Cookie Php 30
Bottled water Php 25


Read about Cafe Caw's Lahug branch here.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. cute Bee...cute sad ug servings :( Not worth it ila food.

      Delete
  2. This is near my workplace. I didn't notice this one until you blog about it. Cute bitaw ang place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, cute place, but the food was a bit disappointing. If you do get to visit, tell me what you think :)

      Delete
  3. Mustachio seems to be craving for sweets lately. hey where is the rock hard cupcake you posted on fb? :P You should have taken a pic of your note too. Now I'm curious what was in it. Nothing tops Leona's cupcakes - perfectly moist and a good value for your money (to think tag 50 each, cheaper than most cupcakes and bigger also)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcake slash bato is on my facebook. Didn't bother updating this post :-) And I don't have a photo of the note. I wonder if it's still there (forgot to check).

      I agree, Leona's cupcakes are good value for money. Waaayyy bigger! Hahah :))

      Delete