Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wisdom from the Road #12

On lending a hand
Offer to take somebody's photo...
and you just might win a friend!


When I visited Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in Vancouver many moons ago, I took with me a camera and a tripod, but no companion(s). When I exited the park, I had one new friend, all because I offered to take her photo (using her camera of course) and she took my photo (with my camera) and we had somebody take a photo of us. Seven years running and halfway around the world, we still keep in touch, thanks to facebook. It was a fantastic surprise when she posted that photo of us on her facebook page last year :-)


For more lessons from the road, please visit Go Learn.

7 comments:

  1. I did this many moons ago too, a time when cameras where not allowed inside the National Museum. It sometimes feels right to trust complete strangers. Thanks for the tip.

    Baktin Corporation


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brennan! What other lessons have you picked up along the road? :)

      Delete
  2. Nice tip! I should do this more often as I barely have any photos of myself when I travel alone. See you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Arlet! Just hope the guy doesn't run away with your camera. Haha Just kidding :)) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. -= oohhh.. love life in the making perhaps?? :D :D :D =-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RC! Hahaha! That would make a nice love story! :D

      Delete