Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bohol Local Hot Cold Spots

Canawa Cold Spring
Brgy. Canawa, Candijay, Bohol
Adults Php 10
Children Php 5
Cottage Php 100
Toilets/Changing Rooms available

We drove over rough roads to Canawa Cold Spring for a look-see. When we reached Canawa Cold Spring there was a group of teens having a grand time getting to higher ground and then jumping into the water. Again and again.

The aquamarine water was a temptress. It tugged at my shorts but I had to restrain myself from tearing 'em off and jumping in—my companions stressed that we would just stay for a few minutes because our main destination was still an hour away: Badiang Spring.

Canawa Cold Spring


Brgy. Anas, Valencia, Bohol
Adults Php 30
Children Php 10
Cottages start at Php 60
Shower Rooms/Toilets/Changing Rooms available
Rooms start at Php 1200

It was past noon when we reached Badiang Spring and almost all of the cottages were taken. We found a vacant cottage and hurriedly arranged our containers of food and dug in. After having lunch, I forgot my mother's age old advice not to swim right after eating. We jumped into the big people's pool...which wasn't for me and my friend, the weak swimmers. The big people's pool at its shallowest was 6 feet deep! We transferred to the kids' pool...which was too shallow and swarming with kids (and hopefully not saturated with their pee). After a few minutes of being with the wild kids, I decided to go back to the big people's pool which was bigger, colder, and with less people.

The big people's pool 

The kids' pool

These two cold springs in Bohol are so hot, locals flock here to cool down.



Bohol Bound
Bohol Local Hot Cold Spots (you're here!)
The Usual Bohol Land Tour
Tagbilaran Heritage Walk
Abatan River Firefly Watching Tour
Panglao Island's Dumaluan Beach
Dolphin Watching and Island Hopping (Balicasag Island and Virgin Island)

2 comments:

  1. I would prefer the cold spring of Canawa and jump! It would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I liked Canawa better than Badiang. Unfortunately, I didn't get to dip in Canawa :(

      Delete