Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ah Phets Conversation with You

You with your nose scrunched up: Ah phooey! Another food post.
Mustachio with a sheepish grin: Sorry, the brain cells in charge of travel have been hibernating. No, I haven't turned into a full time food blogger. I leave that to the experts! I'm an expert at stuffing my face with anything that looks edible but with my limited foodabulary and my need for a tastetionary, I will never be a connoisseur of food.
You: What did you stuff yourself with this time?
Mustachio: Soy chicken and rice from Ah Phets in Green Orkid Commercial Complex on Escario Street (Cebu City). It's a no frills noodle house that also offers rice toppings. Oh, and I had a forkful of beef brisket noodles, too.


You with an eyebrow raised: Just a forkful?
Mustachio: It's rude to eat everything on somebody else's plate. Somebody else's bowl I mean.
You looking surprised: Ah, you had a date!
Mustachio: It's boring eating alone. With a date, I can rant or rave about the food on the spot. Without one, I have to suffer in silence. Literally suffer if the food's heinous.
You: Did you rant or rave over your meal?
Mustachio with a poker face: Neither. My soy chicken was tender and it wasn't dry, that's the good part. The taste was just so-so.


You: How about that forkful of noodles?
Mustachio: It somehow reminded me of Chowking. Is that good or bad?
You: No comment. I don't eat at Chowking. And the broth?
Mustachio: My date, the owner of that bowl of noodles, found it rather weak.


You, at a loss for words: ...
Mustachio: Don't take my word for it. Ah Phets offers other dishes too and I have only tried these two. I read somewhere that their siopao's delicious. But we don't have the same taste buds, what may be delicious for me might be ho hum for you, and vice versa.

Click to enlarge



How this ho hum meal tore a not so ho hum hole in Mustachio's pocket:
Beef brisket noodles (solo) Php 65
Soy spring chicken with rice Php 99
Bottled water Php 20

No comments:

Post a Comment