Sunday, April 1, 2018

Wisdom from the Road #62

On flowers
Stop and smell the flowers.
Or at least appreciate its beauty.

It was not until I had traveled to other countries where spring is a season people looked forward to did I appreciate the beauty of flowers. Only then did I notice that, although I live in a tropical country where we only have two seasons (wet and dry), some of the plants I see daily but have taken for granted do have its spring season too.

I now notice the vibrant flowers of the fire or flame tree (delonix regia), which blooms from April to May.

The bougainvillea, which I have seen anywhere and everywhere since I was little but paid little attention to, I now appreciate more. Although it has flowers throughout the year, it is most vibrant in the months of April and May.

Palawan Cherry or Balayong at Montebello Villa Hotel in Cebu

And the local Palawan cherry or Balayong (cassia nodosa)! It bursts into pink flowers from late March to April. How I wish we had more of these trees in my city. Maybe it could draw tourists too? Like how people flock to Japan for sakura.

No comments:

Post a Comment