Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tourist Visa for Taiwan

Holding an ordinary Philippine passport and going to Taiwan? You need a visa!

But not if you have a valid US, Canada, Japan, UK, EU Schengen, Australia, or New Zealand visa! If you have one of these visas, you only need to apply for a Travel Authorization Certificate online a few days up to a month before your trip to Taiwan (the Travel Authorization Certificate is valid for one month only). Please make sure you input the correct details to avoid any inconveniences! Once approved, print out the certificate. Bring your US/Canada/Japan/UK/EU Schengen/Australia/New Zealand visa and your Travel Authorization Certificate as these will be needed when you check–in and when you enter Taiwan.

For those who don't have any of the mentioned visas, you need to apply for a visa to Taiwan (R.O.C visa). For employees, these are the requirements for a tourist visa to Taiwan:
  • Visa Application form —  fill out online. Read the FAQ for information about the application form. If you are applying through a travel agency, you will need the following information from your agency: name of travel agent, address, telephone number. Once completed, print out the form and sign.
  • Two (2) pcs. of passport sized (1.5" x 2") colored photo, with white background — taken within the last 3 months
  • Original passport — should be valid for at least 6 months
  • Previous passports — to show previous travels
  • Birth certificate issued by NSO — if you don't want to line up at your local NSO office you can request for one (or more copies) online (a bit more expensive)
  • Marriage certificate issued by NSO (if applicable) — if you don't want to line up at your local NSO office you can request for one (or more copies) online (a bit more expensive)
  • Certificate of employment — should indicate salary and length of stay in company
  • Original personal bank certificate
  • One photocopy of each of the above requirements
If you will be going to Taiwan to study Mandarin, visit a relative, do business, etc. you can find the list of requirements here.

Visa Fee
Single entry Php 2100
Multiple entry Php 4200
* Because I am in Cebu and the consular office is in Manila, I chose to apply thru a travel agency, rather than fly to and from Manila. Service fee will vary from Php 3800 to Php 5000, depending on the agency. 

Processing Time
Regular: 3 working days
Expedited: 1 working day (additional fee on top of the visa fee)
* It took about a week for the agency since it had to ship my application to its Manila branch and back. 

Expedite Fee
Single entry Php 1050
Multiple entry Php 2100 

Filing Time
Monday to Friday 845AM to 1145AM

Releasing Time
Monday to Friday 145PM to 445PM 

Contact details
41F Tower 1 RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue,
Makati City 1200
(02) 887 6688


  1. Replies
    1. Daghana jud nimog nalaan lately.

    2. I would like to know the travel agency in which have processed your visa? Thanks.

    3. Hi. Thru Grand Holidays Travel and Tours...but only because it was the most convenient for me.

    4. Hi,

      I'd like to know how much you paid (total) for visa processing under Grand Holidays Travel and Tours?


      Moon - Traveler's Couch

    5. Hi Moon. If I remember right, it was Php3800. I chose that agency because it was near where I work. Check other agencies, they might have better rates.