There are four Eggs in Busan: Mr Egg Hostel in Nampo, Mr Egg Hostel in Haeundae (has changed management and, in July 2015, has changed its name to Guesthouse 710 Yellow), Mr Egg House in Haeundae, and Miss Egg House in Haeundae. Will the real Mr Egg please stand up?
Here's the real Mr Egg!
The one in Nampo.
Donggwang-dong 3-ga 6-1, Jung-gu, Busan
Telephone, from 9AM to 10PM only: +82 (51) 255 4500
Mr Egg Hostel Nampo is not related to Mr Egg House and Miss Egg House.
Twin Room B
Here's why Mr Mustachio thinks Mr Egg in Nampo is eggceptional:
- When Mr Mustachio booked a room, only the single room was available. It was offered for KRW 50,000 plus KRW 5,000 for an extra bed, which was fine. But when Mr Mustachio arrived at Mr Egg Hostel (Nampo), his room was changed to a twin room free of charge.
- Mr Mustachio gave Mr Egg a small guitar magnet and, in exchange, was given a 10% discount.
- The room and its ensuite toilet and shower was neat and clean.
- The bathroom had soap and shampoo.
- The towel was too big for Mr Mustachio, who is only an inch or so tall. But this could be inconvenient for real people as the towels are really just hand towels.
- Mr Mustachio could cook in the kitchen but chose to have his fill of free breakfast: bread, jam, eggs, coffee, tea.
- There are hanbok in the common room that guests can don for picture taking.
- The hostel staff are friendly and helpful.
- The hostel is just a 3–minute walk from Jungang Station exit 5.
- The hostel is just a 10–minute walk to Nampo-dong area.
- Mr Mustachio was allowed to leave his luggage at the common area while he went around Busan while waiting for his night flight.
- Mr Egg has a big backpack (a red one) which means he probably likes to travel too!
Mr Egg and his red backpack
South Korea Quickie 2014
Wisdom from the Road #22
Seoul: Lessons From My Seoul Airbnb Experience
Seoul: Gwangjang Market
Seoul: Namsan: Park, Tower, and Village
Gyeongju: Bulguksa Temple and Seokguram Grotto
Wisdom from the Road #29
Busan: Mr Egg Hostel (Nampo) (you're here!)
Busan: Scenic Sites of Busan: Taejongdae and Oryukdo
Busan: Wishes at Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
Busan: 40gyedan–gil and Beyond
Busan: Gamcheon Culture Village
Busan: An Ignoramus in Busan
Daily Dose of Kindness in South Korea
Squeezing Three Cities and One Wallet in Five Days
Busan: What's in a (Business) Name? Busan