The second time we were in Kuala Lumpur, we let our stomachs decide where we would
eat sleep. It picked Orange Pekoe Guesthouse because...it's a fruit! Plus—and this is a big plus—it's just a 5–minute walk from the delicious smells of Jalan Alor, the food street.
1-1, Jalan Angsoka, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
+603 2110 2000
Family room (169 MYR, can accommodate 4 persons) with ensuite toilet and bath
We patted our stomachs for a great job of choosing Orange Pekoe Guesthouse:
- I repeat: Jalan Alor, where all the delicious food is, is just a 5–minute walk away.
- Raja Chulan Station is also just a 5–minute walk away.
- From the airport, there are different options to get to the guesthouse:
- Take the Airport Coach/Bus (10 MYR, 1 hour) to KL Sentral Station. From KL Sentral Station, take the monorail to Raja Chulan Station (2.10 MYR, 20 minutes), and then walk about 5 minutes to the guesthouse.
- Take the KLIA Ekspres Train (35 MYR, 30 minutes) to KL Sentral Station. From KL Sentral Station, take the monorail to Raja Chulan Station (2.10 MYR, 20 minutes), and then walk about 5 minutes to the guesthouse.
- Take the Airport Coach/Bus or KLIA Ekspres Tain to KL Sentral Station. From KL Sentral Station, take a taxi (about 15 MYR, 15 minutes) to the guesthouse.
- Take a taxi (105 MYR, 1 hour and 15 minutes) straight to the guesthouse.
- The guesthouse is clean and cozy.
- The staff are friendly and helpful. They can assist in getting a taxi, suggest places to see, and restaurants to try.
- There's complimentary breakfast of cereals, bread and butter or jam, coffee, and tea.
- There's WiFi.
- They allowed us to leave our bags at the reception area when we had to checkout at noon but didn't have to go to the airport until late night.
- There are restaurants, bars, and convenience stores nearby.
- There is a GoKL bus stop 300 meters (5 minutes by foot) from Orange Pekoe Guesthouse. GoKL is a free bus service to the central business district of Kuala Lumpur. Some lines pass by tourist spots like Dataran Merdeka or Merdeka Square, Petronas Twin Towers, and KL Tower.