Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Wisdom from the Road #54

On worrying
Worry is a misuse of the imagination. - Dan Zadra

I invited a friend to go on a boating trip in June. Her reply, "Won't it rain? Wouldn't the waves be huge? It's the rainy season already." (So you mean to say you will never go to sea during the rainy season which is half of the year? Anyway, I don't think the Coast Guard would allow boats to sail if it's dangerous.)

Another friend a few days before a trip: "Weather's not good these days. Look at the sky! What if it rains during my trip?" (The weather in one place won't necessarily be the same in another far away place. But bring an umbrella just in case.)

My mother: "What? You hitched a ride with a stranger? Again? What if something happened to you?" (I know mothers can't help but worry about their kids, no matter how grown up their kids are. Thank you, God, for keeping me safe.)

An officemate: "What if A happens to me? What if B happens to me? What if C happens to me?" (Pray none of those happen.)

You and your worries are the only ones stopping you.



For more lessons from the road, please visit Go Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment